Objective of the position
The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering building development projects of varying size and complexity. The Project Coordinator is responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities.
Description of tasks
– Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements
– Assist the PM in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules
– Prepare project organization and communication charts
– Chair site meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members
– Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades
– Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
– Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
– Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
– Review field inspection reports from Consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project
– Issue Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, etc.
– Maintain Contract Execution Tracking Log
– Assist the PM in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval
– Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database
– Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained
– Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
– Keep the Project Manager (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations.
– Degree or Diploma in Architectural Sciences, Civil Engineering or Project/Construction Management.
– At least three years’ experience with the same position.
– ISO9001 systems
– Degree or Diploma in Architectural Sciences, Civil Engineering or Project/Construction Management
– Proficient in MS Project and/or Primavera and the MS Office Suite of products
– Knowledge of the building development/redevelopment industry
– Familiarity with construction methods and the building codes
– Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
– Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
– Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
– Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills