Omni Channel Sales Manager
Objective of the position
– The Omni Channel Sales Manager will provide direction, guidance and judgment on business initiatives that cover sales and marketing activities to drive sales via new or existing trade partners as well as through our own ecommerce activities and showrooms nationwide –with a focus on all end consumer related home improvement products mainly on home appliances and sanitary products.
– It shall not matter where an end consumer is buying our products but that they are purchased. Therefore all activities and sales channels need to be aligned.
– The position requires a good knowledge of the traditional trade landscape in Vietnam for end consumer related home improvement products as well as a deep understanding of all direct-to-consumer business functions; focused on ecommerce, retail as well as store operations.
– The ideal candidate has a background in distributing internationally known home appliances or sanitary brands in Vietnam. With an expertise in marketing, ecommerce as well as retail sales while possessing knowledge of standard business processes and related systems. The role includes customer development and business operations responsibility for the fast-growing eCommerce.
Description of tasks
– Demonstrate broad knowledge of direct to retail stores and ecommerce business processes, with working knowledge of retail and ecommerce systems
– Performs the overall day-to-day management of the channel to ensure that channel objectives are achieved within time/cost/quality constraints
– Lead the Omni-channel vision of the business. Inspire, educate and execute the decisions to develop online & offline revenue
– Develop new markets to reach the business goals. Empathetic to the local market needs and behavior.
– Manage the Omni-channel team boosting their potential and creating a good atmosphere in order to successfully achieve the objectives.
– Balance brand image with Revenue. Ensure Brand Story is entirely communicated and understandable whilst hitting P&L targets.
– Supervise and follow competitive analysis, industry research and the assessment of industry best practices.
– Identify opportunities to help our top retailer customers grow their eCommerce businesses by leveraging our portfolio, our insights into the shopper path to purchase, and our eCom learnings & best practices across other customers and markets
– Be a Change Agent: Through your position as the primary architect of digital growth at key customers, help the company pivot faster to the high-growth eCommerce channel by adopting new behaviors and business processes. Partner closely with Directors & VPs within Customer Development, Marketing, and Supply Chain to shift the organizational mindset to embrace and excel at omni-channel business management.
– Directly or indirectly responsible for the development of internal talent, and the recruitment of the right external talent to further build out an omnichannel-capable talent bench. Provide the right level of coaching, particularly in the area of core eCommerce functional skills such as multi-format assortment strategy
– Invent, Simplify, and Scale: Identify process or organizational problems that slow down the team and the channel pivot, and use your business knowledge and problem-solving skills to put scalable solutions in place to help the team make progress
– Lead Direct to Consumer execution of all strategic real estate initiatives
– Understand, streamline and create standards for all retail store operational workload (ex. Shipment processing, transfers, register workflow)
– Identify operational field training and SOP needs in partnership with the Training & Development team
– Responsible for maintaining and creating updated Policy & Procedure for the retail & trade field
– Own the customer sales relationship. Specific areas of focus will be managing relationships and capabilities to enhance consumer value and accelerate growth
– Support the development and execution of marketing programs as well as partnering with brands on product innovation
– Able to work with support functions such as Supply Chain and Finance in capacities ranging from customer planning to product innovation
– Capable to develop tools such as annual plans and forecasts that incorporate Sales and Marketing input
– Grow brand loyalty and building an exceptional customer experience through social, digital and conventional marketing strategies
– University Graduation, MBA is preferable.
– Major in Economic, Business Administration, Marketing, Construction, Technical,
– At least 10 years in distribution of international brands with strong focus on on-and offline sales and marketing with good ecommerce knowledge.
– Experience in motivating cross-functional teams
– Coming from an ecommerce role with experience across on- and offline trading and operations through to product marketing + merchandising.
– Strong negotiation, organizational, and facilitation skills
– Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
– Able to prepare and present information in business terms
– Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
– Must be detail-oriented
– Be fluent in English, other languages will be considered as an asset
– Excellent communication skills are essential along with the ability to manage senior stakeholders
– Strong project management skills
– Understanding of specialty, small box, chain retail operations
– Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Advanced PowerPoint skills required
– Exhibits effective communication in written, oral, and presentation formats
– Demonstrates an ability to manage projects with numerous stakeholders, and delivers on time project results
– Strong leadership skills as well as sales management skills
– Good people management and interpersonal skills with ability to inspire, guide and coach individuals
– Good facilitation and training skills
– Performance assessment skills
– Strong work ethic, sense of urgency and desire to succeed
– Team player with a strong “customer-focus” orientation
– Dynamic, self-confident, hard-working, honest and gentle.
– Willing to travel domestically, work independently and lead the team.