Master Data Management Specialist
Objective of the Position
Participates in design, implementation, and maintenance of the multi-countries master data governance and controls process with logistics stakeholders in Transport , DC, Back office, Global Flows, Customs, network modelling and other key functions. This includes: material, logistics and purchasing data management leadership and governance, data management solution analysis/design and project execution and value realization.
Description of tasks
Master Data Management:
– Manage through workflow and update product & fulfilment master data for whole responsible territory.
– Coordinate material and finish products master data setup, validations, periodic maintenance and mass updating as required.
– Perform regular business related activities e.g. price and contracts updates, approval schemes.
– System monitoring and user management related activities.
– Participate in projects and initiatives across multiple functional areas and regions.
– Work with business units and process experts to resolve master data issues
– Ensure data quality, compliance and consistency of master data across business systems and align with the governance process.
– Create and manage adequate documentation, procedures, submit incidents and change requests when needed.
– Assist business process experts in defining standard operating procedures, process flows and related documentation.
– Resolve data integrity issues across stakeholders and logistics IT systems
Client Interaction & Business Partnership:
– Acts as key-support to ensure the data management governance, processes, reporting and systems support the business. Tracks and organizes requirements, and prioritizes them ensuring alignment with process advisors and across Functions
– Analyze data for quality and reconciling data issues and present change requests to the governance control board..
– Occasionally work with standard stakeholders and peers to ensure IT solutions are implemented successfully for what concerns master data.
– Maintains relationships with reporting users and key-stakeholders in Supply Chain, Sales, Operations to identify opportunities to improve the quality and effectiveness of master data management.
– Utilizes basic knowledge of data management & business intelligence practices to understand business/function requirements and assembles local design needs.
– Able to create database views for optimization of queries or reports.
Cross Functional Competencies:
– Ability to successfully pilot a project from beginning to end, including prioritizing, planning, resolving issues, and displaying a persistent drive for results.
– Ability to understand, appreciate and incorporate the unique contributions of associates with diverse backgrounds in business interactions.
– Ability to apply change management methodology to implement successful business priorities (on time, on budget, human objectives and business objectives).
People & Culture:
– Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
– Be the representative for Häfele for contacts of suppliers. Be professional in Häfele code of conduct and live on Häfele values (follow the guidelines from any Häfele policy/manual/handbook/book...).
– Teamwork and support others where needed. Do everything to enhance and to protect Häfele as a company and brand and don’t do anything that can cause disadvantage or damage Häfele as a company or brand.
– Other jobs assigned by direct supervisor and the company.
– University Graduation.
– Degree Educated: Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchasing or relevant major.
– Previous experiences in master data management through modern ERPs (SAP)
– Min 2-3 years experience in Logistics environment preferred
– Ability to pinpoint opportunities and risks related to the supply plan and deliver effective resolutions.
– Communication abilities and computer competencies
– Able to bring a cross-functional approach and view, with the attitude to investigate processes that have an impact on different business areas and functions.
– Good working knowledge of transportation, supply chain management and warehousing processes.
– Dashboard Business Intelligence tools and development
– Analytical skills, proactive approach;
– Excellent English proficiency;
– Good at computer (MS Office, Excel, and internet);
– Excellent communication skill, negotiation skill, and interpersonal skill;
– Strong learning capability and problem solving skills;
– Good organizational and prioritization skills. High levels of creativity;
– Good presentation skills.
– Ethical conduct
– Attitude to priority setting